Thursday, September 1, 2011

Quick Fixes...

If you've read my previous posts you may know that I was taking on refinishing and reupholstering furniture. Seeing that it was so easy and cheap to actually do it myself rather than pay, I began to do quick fixes on my furniture around the house.
First there was this ottoman that a friend had sitting on her porch and was trying to get rid of, and I in-turn was looking for one! Here are some pictures of the it before and after!

In the picture below I had taken off the fabric that once covered this piece. I had sanded the legs and actually cut them down a bit.


This picture I had stained the legs in dark color.


This is the fabric I planned on covering it with. I sprayed with it scotch guard, well because I have 3 kids and dogs.. and not to mention our feet with shoes will be on there!

Note: When using any type of aerosol can paint, adhesive, primer and such always do so in a well ventilated area.. preferably outside.


After the scotch guard dried and the stain one the legs had dried for about 24 hours, I upholstered the fabric onto the ottoman. During that time my decoration was of 70's retro colors,hence the oranges, yellows, reds and browns.



It made a great center piece in our living room tying my living room together!


There are more "Quick Fixes" so check back soon! :) Thanks for reading!







1 comment: